Sometimes once my family goes on roadway trips, we pass the time by playing the Alphabet Game. This is where you pick a category and also list other in that category for every letter of the alphabet.
Want to save this blog post? get in your email below and we"ll send the post straight to your inbox!
For instance, movies – A is for Aladdin! B is for back to the Future! You get it.
You are watching: Foods that start with the letter v
But newly we were doing food, and also no one can think of any type of foods that begin with V. Eventually we gained Vanilla, yet we were pretty stuck after that. Therefore I chose to carry out my research study so that I have the right to beat everybody in ~ the video game next time!
And come share my knowledge, I’ve compiled this list of twenty foods items that begin with V. Native the evident – veggies, to new things choose Vindaloo and also Vol-Au-Vent; a tasty French pastry.
20 foods items That start With V
20 foodstuffs That begin With V
So without more ado, right here are some fun facts around the most popular foods that start with V.
1. Valencia OrangeValencia oranges space sweet summer oranges called after Valencia, Spain. However, they actually come from Florida!
The best thing about Valencia oranges is the they room super juicy, an excellent for juicing her morning OJ, or just enjoying as a luscious snack.
2. Valerian RootValerian is one herb that originates in Europe and also Asia. It deserve to be drunk together a tea or taken in capsules to help you sleep better at night. The flowers are additionally a tasty having lunch for butterfly and also moth larvae.
3. VanillaDid you know that vanilla originates from orchids? I had no idea till researching for this article. Yet it’s really!
The pods room harvested and also turned into the lover flavoring that we all use for baking!
4. VealI constantly get veal and also venison perplexed when I’m ordering food. I’ll gain to venison in a minute, for now let’s talk about veal.
It’s basically beef yet it originates from a calf quite than a grown cow, and it has a milder flavor compared to beef as result of the age and also diet of the calves.
5. VegetablesWe every know and love veggies! Well us at the very least all know about them… Broccoli, corn, eggplant, peppers. There room so numerous different kinds of veggies!
Want to conserve this blog post? enter your email below and also we"ll send the article straight to her inbox!
It’s in reality surprising the they are referred to as the very same thing v how various they room from every other. Who would think the a carrot and also a pea had actually anything in common!
6. VelveetaAh cheese. Cheese is my favorite kind of food, even Velveeta!
If you’ve never ever tried it, Velveeta is a cheese similar to American cheese. It’s smoother and softer than constant cheddar, and is an excellent for make nachos at home.
It also comes in a spray can, perfect because that squirting onto part crackers for simple and solve snack.
7. Velvet BeansVelvet beans are legumes indigenous to Africa and also tropical Asia. The is frequently used together fertilizer for other crops, or to feeding animals, however locals in Indonesia also eat the themselves.
Be mindful though, the bean pods have actually a hairy lining that deserve to make girlfriend terribly itchy!
8. VenisonNow to define venison. It’s no calf meat, yet is actually meat from game animals such as elk, deer, or antelope.
It has a flavor the is reminiscent of beef yet is finer in texture and also usually provides leaner cuts. The is also higher in moisture and also protein 보다 beef, so it’s extra healthy for you.
9. VermicelliVermicelli is a round, lengthy noodle prefer spaghetti. In Italy that is usually thicker than spaghetti, and also in Asia it’s thinner. In Vietnam it’s usually the same as point of view Hair pasta.
Now you understand what to intend on your next dinner date, no matter what type of cook you’re eating!
10. VermouthVermouth is a wine that has had its ABV enhanced by one more alcohol and also flavored through botanicals. That is most typically used in Martinis and Manhattan cocktails for a small boost that flavor.
11. VichyssoiseVichyssoise is a soup that originates in France. It’s a creamy soup make of boiled and puréed leeks, onions, potatoes, cream, and also chicken stock.
It is usually served cold. Legend has actually it that the existing king of France to be afraid to it is in poisoned and also had all his servants taste his soup, therefore by the moment he got it, it to be cold!
12. Victoria PlumsThe Victoria plum is one egg-shaped English plum that has red, mottled skin and also yellow flesh. Shot it in mid-to-late September because that a sweet and juicy treat.
13. Victoria Sponge CakeIf you’re as obsessed through The great British Bake-Off together I am, then possibly you already know the difference in between a Genoise Sponge Cake and also a Victorian.
A Genoise recipe has the baker win the eggs whole while do the batter, vice versa, a victor asks you come mix the egg whites separately and also fold them in, do a softer, lighter sponge.
14. Vienna SausageVienna Sausage, or Frankfurters, space small, German sausages that frequently come canned. They are made from a mix of beef and pork and smoked in ~ a short temperature. Sounds great to me!
15. VindalooVindaloo is a type of Indian curry made from caramelized onions, curry paste, coconut milk, vinegar, ginger, chilies, jalapeno, garlic, chickpeas, lentils, and other spices choose garam masala, salt, pepper, paprika, and also turmeric. Ns don’t know around you, however my mouth is watering.
16. VinegarVinegar is basically fermented ethanol, although it is not alcoholic. It is however antimicrobial, therefore you have the right to use the not just in cooking but also in cleaning her house!
17. VlaVla is a netherlands custard-like dessert do from milk, cornstarch, eggs, and sugar. Plus, the enhancement of any flavorings you can like, such together chocolate. It’s smooth and also rich and just the best amount the indulgent.
18. VodkaAh yes, my an excellent friend Vodka. Ns love a Vodka soda after a long week.
See more: If Z Is The Midpoint Of What Are X Rz And Rt, What Are X, Rz, And Rt?
Vodka is commonly made native potatoes, but can likewise be do from an easy sugar.
It source in Russia and Poland and also is traditionally drunk with tiny plate food referred to as ‘zakuski’ – think Russian tapas.
A Vol-Au-Vent is a little hollow case of puff pastry typically made by creating a ridge of ring-shaped pastry on height of a disc-shaped piece, type of choose a basket.
As you may have actually guessed indigenous the name, it originates from France, and is commonly filled through chicken or fish and also served as an appetizer.
20. Vori VoriOriginating native Paraguay and North-East Argentina, Vori Vori is a thick yellow soup made through balls that cornmeal, corn flour, chicken broth, and also cheese. It sounds a small weird, yet if friend think of it together chicken and dumpling soup, I’m sure it’s delicious!
Foods That begin With N21 foodstuffs That begin With R20 foods That start With EFoods That start With C22 foods items That start With U30 foods That start With S