After speak a 125cc dirt bike for some time, I assumed it was time to upgrade. Ns planned to get a 250cc dust bike, and I had an initial to research its speed. So, how quick does a 250cc dust bike go?Unsurprising, many 250cc dust bikes by leading dirt bike brands can hit 70-85mph ~ above perfect riding conditions. However, a dirt bike prefer the Kawasaki Ninja 250 have the right to hit 100mph. While speaking of perfect speak conditions, we are talking around a smooth monitor and good weather.However, it’s worth noting that factors like engine size, bicycle weight, rider’s weight, and also rider’s experience affect the dirt bike’s height speed just as much as the speak conditions.So, we room going to look at how those factors affect the dirt bike’s preferably speed. We’ll also look in ~ the assorted top speeds by the best 250cc bikes by top brands.But before that, let’s first compare a 250cc 2-stroke v a 4-stroke.
You are watching: How fast do dirt bikes go
2. Honda 250 dirt Bike peak SpeedHonda has actually a big name come protect, and also they it seems ~ to be living as much as expectation as soon as it involves their 250cc engines. The Japanese motorcycle brand guarantees performance and practicality from their 250cc dirt bikes.After digging around, i stumbled on the Honda CRF250X, a legendary workhorse through a optimal speed the 70mph.The 4-stroke dirt bike flaunts a an effective liquid-cooled engine, i beg your pardon is amongst the most reliable on the market.Sadly, Honda, together Suzuki and Kawasaki, no much longer make two-stroke 250cc dust bikes. So, you’ll need to settle for a four-stroke choice if you space a diehard Honda fan.
3. 250cc dust Bike YamahaYamaha relishes a formidable visibility in the dirt bike sector, specifically the course 250cc.One that Yamaha’s hottest and fastest 250cc dirt bikes is the Yamaha WR250R that brags the a height speed that 80mph.So, this 4-stroke dirt bike is a great choice for dirt racing.Other fast 250cc four-stroke dirt bikes through Yamaha incorporate the Yamaha YZ250F and the Yamaha WR250F. Both that these dirt bikes have the right to hit a top speed that 70mph under favorable talk conditions.Yamaha likewise impresses in the two-stroke sector, offered that the Yamaha Y3250 deserve to clock 60mph.
4. Suzuki 250cc dirt Bike SpeedSuzuki additionally has part speedy and also exceptionally stylish 250cc dirt bikes. The agency also makes cheap 250cc dirt bikes.Its 4-stroke pace-setter, the Suzuki RM-Z250, comes v a remarkable peak speed that 85mph.The excellent dirt bike is a perfect bet for any type of dirt bicycle racing challenge or adventure.Suzuki no longer makes two-stroke 250cc engines, i m sorry is unfortunate.
5. KTM 250cc dust Bike SpeedKTM is right now rubbing shoulders with the large players, and also it’s quite understandable.After all, who wouldn’t, especially when your best 250 dirt bike can hit 78mph? Well, ns talking about the KTM 250 SX-F, among the newest entrants right into the 250cc KTM dirt bike cycle yet the fastest.The 4-stroke dust bike is an upgrade of the initial KTM 250 SX, a two-stroke engine through a optimal speed the 60mph.While the initial KTM 250 SX was outstanding in all aspects, its rate was wanting, and also that’s the factor behind KTM 250 SX-F.A optimal speed the 78mph is not bad, either for dirt racing, commuting, or adventure.
6. Husqvarna 250cc dirt Bike SpeedOriginally native Sweden, Husqvarna has slowly and also steadily crawled its means into the dirt bike market. The brand has some the the many stylish and also safest 250cc dust bikes on the market.But how fast is a 250cc dust bike through Husqvarna?Their ever-impressive 250cc Husqvarna TC250 has actually a optimal speed the 72mph. It is not bad for a two-stroke dirt bike.And once it involves 4-stroke options, the Husqvarna FC250 is a safe an option given the it has actually a height speed of 43mph. So, it’s normally a good choice for slow-moving riders, specifically commuters.
7. Kawasaki 250cc dirt Bike SpeedKawasaki has won countless dirt bike cyclists’ hearts through its delightful, agile, and resilient dust bikes.The manufacturer has actually arguably the more quickly 250cc dirt bike recognized to man, the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.Like an yes, really ninja, this 4-stroke dirt bike deserve to hit 100mph under favorable racing conditions.Its 1100RPM rotation speed and 36HP horsepower are unrivaled, make the dust bike an excellent buy.Sadly, Kawasaki no much longer makes 2-stroke 250cc dirt bikes, miscellaneous they stopped in 2007. Nonetheless, over there is a long list of fast four-stroke options for her considerations.
Here’s a simplified table comparing potential speed by leading brands.
Factors That influence the peak Speed the 250cc dirt BikesOverall, these factors dictate how fast a 250cc dust bike deserve to go:Dirt bike brand – as seen, various dirt bike brands have different top speeds. From our discussion, the Kawasaki Ninja 250R is arguably the fastest 4-stroke 250cc dirt bike and also the more quickly overall, when the KTM 250 SX-F is the faster 2-stroke 250cc option.Engine size – In as much as the engine size is concerned, 2-stroke options are generally much faster for being lighter. There are, however, a few exceptions, such together the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.Bike’s weight – You expect a lightweight dirt bike come be straightforward to journey and, therefore, faster. Thus, think about the bike’s all at once weight when picking your next 250cc dirt racing engine.Tire weight – Generally, lighter tires roll much faster than more heavier ones. So, if the tires of her dirt bike 250cc are heavier, change them through lighter ones to boost your in its entirety speed.Rider’s experience – Expectedly, an knowledgeable biker rides quicker than a newbie. The much more experienced girlfriend are, the better you balance and maneuver the dust bike.Exhaust system – The material type of her exhaust system impacts the bike’s in its entirety speed. For example, instead of a steel exhaust through an aluminum one deserve to improve the speed.Rider’s weight – her weight has an influence on the dust bike speed simply as lot as the bike’s weight. So, the more heavier you are, the slow you are likely to go.Nature that track – You have to expect to ride much faster on paved flat surfaces than on rough roads and also long climbs. So, if you want to journey faster, look for a smoother track.Weather – negative weather slowly you down as you need to ride cautiously. So, even if you have the speediest dirt bike, you can not reach optimal speed when the weather is terrible.
See more: Aaron Rodgers 40 Yard Dash Time, Aaron Rodgers