The motor that moves your Jeep"s home windows up and down is contact a home window regulator. Over time these motors can become slow or stop working every together. The motor"s end up being worn out, or other parts the the regulator have the right to go bad. A typical problem ~ above the 1999-2004 Jeep grand Cherokee is because that the plastic trolley that carries the home window up and also down to break whereby the cable the pulls the home window attaches. You"ll listen a snap as soon as it go break, and also then you"ll most likely watch your home window slide down right into your door.
You are watching: Jeep grand cherokee window regulator repair kit
Don"t panic. The deal with to this problem is easy, and also only calls for a couple of hand tools, and a new window regulator.
What you will certainly Need
Window RegulatorPhillips ScrewdriverFlat Head ScrewdriverTorx T15 DriverPanel ToolRatchet10mm socket
1. Remove the torx screw behind the door handle and the 2 philips screws, one native the eight rest and the other close to the side watch mirror. The little plastic cover near the side see mirror needs to be gotten rid of to disclose the second phillips screw. The screws are marked by the yellow one in the image.
2. Using a panel tool, pry the door panel away from the door in ~ the 10 locations marked with a red circle where the dashboard is secured v clips. This make take a little effort to pop the clips free.
3. Lift the door panel from the inside window wipe channel and look under behind the panel. Unclip the latch and lock rods from the door manage tabs. Likewise disconnect the two wiring exploit plugs. One close to the door lock rods and the other near the side view mirror.
4. Now her door panel need to be totally disconnected and you can collection it aside. If any kind of of the clips damaged in step 2 don"t issue they"re replaceable. They"re pretty inexpensive, so just replacing them all isn"t a negative idea. They have actually a propensity to undertake out and become loose over time, for this reason putting new clips on will ensure your door panels space tightly secured and also rattle free.Crown Automotive 6507686AA internal Door Trim Fasteners
5. Remove the speaker by remove the 4 screws. Then unplug and set the speaker aside. This will offer you far better access to with in and also replace the home window regulator.
6. Peel the plastic moisture barrier away native the door. The adhesive will remain tacky for this reason you deserve to reapply it as soon as you"re done. When it"s the end of the way, you"ll have the ability to see the 4 black bolts that organize the window regulator track and the 3 gold bolts the secure the regulator motor. Utilizing a 10mm socket, completely remove the 2 marked by the yellow arrows. The rest have the right to simply be loosened and then lifted up and also pushed the end of the an essential hole slot as soon as removing the regulator.
7. There space 2 clips that should be gotten rid of that secure the home window glass to the carriage ~ above the regulator track. You can simply pry the one in the direction of the front side of the door off using a screw driver. To accessibility the on near the outer edge of the door, reach v the cutout in the door and also remove the clip using a pair of needle sleep pliers.
8. Unplug the regulator electric harness and also push the connector v the opened in the door panel.
9. Reach with the big lower opened in the door panel, and also remove the regulator motor, carriage and track. It can be helpful to elevator the glass increase in the window track come make part extra room. This step have the right to be a small tricky, however you just have to keep moving the motor assembly approximately until you can fit it v the lower door panel opened easily.
10. Here you have the right to see the old and the new regulator. Notice where the plastic clips that attach to the stole cable ~ above the original carriage that moves the glass up and also down have actually broken. This is what led to the home window to loss down into the door when the regulator fails.
11. I uncovered the damaged plastic pieces still in the bottom the the door. Make certain to remove them, to stop them rattling around in the futures.
See more: Diaper Boy Who Is 10 Years Old, Older Kids In Diapers: When Should I Be Worried
12. Install the new regulator in the reverse method that you gotten rid of the initial one. As with the removal, it make take a few tries to discover just the right angle to insert the motor right into the door. It can be valuable if you begin the bolts right into the brand-new regulator, therefore you can rest it right into the keyhole slots once it"s put into the door. Then just follow all the previous measures in reverse to hook increase the electric connector, reapply the weather barrier, and re-install the speaker and door panel.